Pope Francis Peru 2018
Lima, Cathedral of Lima, Santo Domingo Church, Nazarenas Church
Pope Francis will visit Peru on January 18 to 21 of 2018. It is the first time in 30 years that a Pope has visited Peru since Pope John Paul II came to Lima in 1988.
DAY 1: LIMA | INC: –
Arrival in Lima, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Lima.
* Please take note that check-in at hotels in Lima is at 15.00hrs, therefore in the case of early arrivals, passengers should wait at the lobby until check-in time, otherwise book the room a day earlier.
DAY 2: LIMA | INC: B.
At arranged time, we will be taken to the place where Pope Francis will host an official mass.
Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight stay in Lima.
DAY 3: LIMA | INC: B.
In the morning, we will go the downtown to visit 3 important churches:
- CATHEDRAL OF LIMA: It is the mother church of the “city of the kings” built in the year 1538, there they keep the remains of the Spanish Francis Pizarro the conqueror.
- SANTO DOMINGO CHURCH: It is the oldest church, now called the Basilica of the Peruvian Saints where the remains of Santa Rosa de Lima, San Martin de Porras, San Juan Masías lie.
- NAZARENAS CHURCH: In 1651, a black slave of Angola painted on a wall of the sheds the image of a crucified Christ, 4 years later an earthquake devastated the city and only that part of the wall remained standing. Therefore, in October the veneration of the Lord of Miracles is celebrated worldwide as the purple month.
Afternoon at leisure to explore the city by own account.
Overnight stay in Lima.
DAY 4: LIMA | INC: B.
At arranged time, we will be transferred to the airport to board our international flight back home.
End of our services.
|– Transfer airport / hotel / airport|
|– Transfer and assistance to the Eucharist of Pope Francis|
|– HD Visit to 3 Churches in Lima|
|– 3 nights of accommodation in Lima – Daily breakfast|
|Hotel Category||SGL||DBL||TPL||CHD||CHD sharing bed|
* Rates per pax, commissionable and expressed in US dollars.
* Children of 2 to 5 years can apply rate sharing bed w/parents.
* Children of 2 to 11 years can apply the rate of triple accommodation.
* Hotels only allow one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
Important.- Hotels have been quoted without the IGV (Peruvian tax), exoneration that is applied to foreigners (non-Peruvian residents) with a maximum stay of 60 days in Peru. In order to apply for this exoneration, it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru and an Andean migration card, which is given on the plane upon entering the country and sealed by the airport Immigration Services representative. In the case of cancellation, this 18% should be added to the amount quoted.
21 days prior passengers’ arrival, no cancellation fees will be charged.
Less than 21 days, cancellation fees may be charged according to suppliers´ charges.
In all cases, Viajes Pacífico – Gray Line Tours Peru negotiate with all our suppliers to reduce any cancellation fee to the minimum.
Some suppliers and products have specific policies which will be advised on our quotations or reservations status.
16 days prior passenger’s arrival, we require full payment.