KUELAP AND GOCTA: HISTORY AND NATURE
4D/3N Jaen, Chachapoyas
Kuelap, called the other Machu Picchu, is located very close to Chachapoyas. It is one of the most representative archaeological sites in the lower montane forest of Peru. Gocta Waterfall is a place everyone should visit, not only to see the huge waterfall, but also to experience a pleasant hike along this spectacular scenery.
Minimum: 1 passenger.
Working season: All- year round.
DAY 1: JAEN / CHACHAPOYAS | INC: -
Arrival to Jaen. Transfer from the airport to the city of Chachapoyas (“Chachapoyas Premium Service”). Accommodation in Chachapoyas.
DAY 2: CHACHAPOYAS / GOCTA WATERFALL | INC: B/L
We will be headed to the town of San Pablo de Valera, located 26 miles from the city of Chachapoyas. From there, we will begin our journey towards Gocta waterfall (an hour and a half on horseback plus one hour walk). Along the way, we will enjoy the great diversity of flora and fauna, and a splendid view of the waterfall. Gocta Waterfall, locally known as "La Chorrera", is 771 meters high and it is considered among the highest waterfalls in the world. It is the perfect habitat for toucans, monkeys, mountain lions and Andean cocks-of-the-rock. It is located in a large cloud- covered forest, around which there are about twenty waterfalls. It offers a beautiful combination of geography and history, making it a magical place. We will return to San Pablo and have a traditional lunch.
DAY 3: CHACHAPOYAS / KUELAP FORTRESS| INC: B/L
In the morning, we will go to Kuelap, a majestic architectural site built by the Chachapoyas. On our way, we will make a brief stop for a panoramic view of the Macro Archaeological site, also known as "Macro Towers" for its characteristic design. Macro is located on the side of a hill overlooking Utcubamba river. As follows we will go to Nuevo Tingo town, where we will board the bus that will take us to the Cable Car station. Once on board the modern cable cars, a short and safe trip will take us to the starting point of the visit to Kuelap. We may climb on foot or on horseback to the "Fortress", which is built on top of the Cerro Barreta (3,000 m.a.s.l.). Kuelap is a place surrounded by beautiful landscapes; at first, it seems inaccessible since it is protected by colossal walls and cliffs on three of its four sides. It has three platforms, and inside they have circular buildings decorated with rhomboidal and zigzag friezes. Its complex interior architecture, indicates it was a well-organized population group. The surrounding landscape and the natural scenarios makes it unforgettable. We will return to Nuevo Tingo town for lunch. Then return to Chachapoyas city.
DAY 4: CHACHAPOYAS / JAEN | INC: B
At the agreed time, transfer to Jaen airport with "Chachapoyas Premium Service" to board our flight.
End of our services.
|Hotel Category||Simple||Doble||Triple||Niño con cama||Niño sin cama|
|*Triple room: up-grade|
- Chachapoyas Premium Service: Jaen airport / Chachapoyas / Jaen airport
- FD Gocta Waterfall: from San Pablo de Valera with lunch
- FD Kuelap Fortress with Cable Car & lunch *
- 3 nights of accommodation at the selected hotel category - Daily breakfast
Prices do not include:
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Airport taxes (Usd 5.81 domestic flights and Usd 31.00 international flights / Subject to modification without prior notification.
- Beverages in meals.
- Children of 2 to 6 years can apply rate sharing bed w/parents.
- Children of 2 to 11 years can apply rate of triple accommodation.
- Hotels allow only one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
- Children rate for land services: may vary according to child's age, pls ask each case.
- In order to purchase entrance fees, train tickets, etc, at child rate we must have in advance copy of passport, otherwise we cannot apply child rate.
- All the programs listed are based on daytime transfers, in case of night transfers, check additional cost to apply.
- Valid prices only for foreign citizens who do not live in Peru and with a maximum stay in our country of: 60 days.
- Prices per person - (I.V.A.) IGV not included.
- In order to apply for this exoneration it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru and an Andean migration card, which is given on the plane upon entering the country and sealed by the airport Immigration Services representative.