5D/4N Escape to the Blue Lagoon
Leave the stress of day-to-day life behind, and immerse yourself in the warmth and beauty of the jungle. Enjoy a wonderful, unique experience and take some time to relax in one of the most stunning and special tourist destinations in the city of Tarapoto, the Laguna Azul.
Minimum: 2 passengers
Season of operation: year round
DAY 1: TARAPOTO / LAGUNA AZUL | INC: D
Reception and transfer to the Sauce Resort, welcome beverage included.
DAY 2: LAGUNA AZUL | INC: B/L/D
Early morning departure. Tour the lake’s shores and surroundings with an experienced guide who will explain its origins and legends. Learn about the local fishing techniques and the native varieties of flora and fauna. Explore the small village of Dos de Mayo, where you will have the chance to take pictures and taste an assortment of locally made aphrodisiac beverages. Return to the resort. In the afternoon, visit the Sauce district and revel in a glorious jungle sunset from a privileged location overlooking the town and lagoon.
DAY 3: LAGUNA AZUL | INC: B/L/D
Today you will have the chance to partake on a tour through the picturesque town of Sauce, getting to know its customs and principal daily activities. Then, make your way to the Cascada de Ojos Waterfall and frolic in its lovely waters, taking in the glorious surroundings. To access the waterfall, you will be led on a 10 minute hike downhill through the lush forest. Return to the town of Sauce and explore it on horseback. Spend the afternoon enjoying the resort’s installations.
DAY 4: LAGUNA AZUL | INC: B/L/D
Visit the Curaca private reserve. Participate in a 40-minute hike through the reserve and get to know the beauty and diversity of the local flora and fauna. Those who prefer to opt out will have the chance to partake in local artisanal fishing – using bait and a hook – off of the hotel’s pier.
DAY 5: LAGUNA AZUL / TARAPOTO | INC: B/L
Lunch and transfer to airport.
- Transfer: airport/hotel/airport
- Excursion to the Laguna Azul in Sauce, excursion to the Cascada de Ojos Waterfall, hike through the Curaca Reserve.
- 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- 4 nights in the El Sauce Resort with breakfast included.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Commissionable rates per passenger based on double occupancy.
- Valid for lodging from the 31st of December 2018.
- Not valid during local special dates or events.
- Space subject to availability.
- Shared services in Spanish. Ask for rates in other languages.
- The order of tours depends on the day and arrival of passengers.
- Other deals and discounts do not apply.
- Does not include airfare or airport taxes.
- Child’s fee available for children from 4 to 8 years old accompanied by two adults. One child max per family.
- Children under 3 years old do not pay (they are not provided with food, or seating on tours). One infant allowed per family.