5D/4N Jaen, Chachapoyas
Chachapoyas is described by historians as a "Great Kingdom", for its large territory and organization. It holds many stone monuments, funeral buildings and mausoleums that can take us to a magical and unique place.
Minimum: 1 passenger.
Working season: All- year round.
DAY 1: JAEN / CHACHAPOYAS | INC: -
Arrival to Jaen. Transfer from the airport to the city of Chachapoyas (“Chachapoyas Premium Service”). Accommodation in Chachapoyas.
DAY 2: CHACHAPOYAS / KARAJIA/ QUIOCTA | INC: B/L
In the morning, we will go to Cruz Pata town, and then, we will continue towards the burial site of Karajia. We will enjoy a panoramic view of Luya's main square along the way. Cruz Pata, known as the Crosses Plateau, is the starting point of our journey by foot or horse to get to Karajia; it takes 30 min. approximately. We will see Karajia sarcophagi, which are part of Chachapoyas pre-inca culture; they are made of stone, wood and clay, and have an anthropomorphic shape; they are unique for their enormous size (up to 2,5 meters high) and careful elaboration. Even though time has past, being on top of a cliff with difficult access has allowed these constructions to be well preserved. We will go back to have lunch in the city of Luya. Then, we will visit Caverns Quiocta, a capricious work of nature, located in the district of Lamud, Luya province. Inside these caverns, there are seven rooms with stalagmites and stalactites, each one has a different name due to its curious forms. Return to the city of Chachapoyas.
DAY 3: CHACHAPOYAS / REVASH/ LEYMEBAMBA| INC: B/L
After breakfast, we drive to the town of San Bartolo, from here we will go on horseback to the Mausoleums of Revash, which are constructions of funeral homes at the foothills of huge rocks; they are painted in red and cream color, which resemble small houses. Some are up to three floors high, and others have gable roofs with T-shaped, cross-shaped and square windows. The mausoleums can be observed from 100 meters approximately. It is a strategic point to fully appreciate the funerary complex. After the visit we will enjoy lunch. Then, we will visit the museum of Centro Mallqui or Leymebamba Museum, which design replicates local architectural traditions. The rich and varied flora embellishes the surrounding gardens and highlights the collection of orchids, with over 100 local varieties. This museum holds a valuable collection of 240 mummies found in the Lagoon of the Condors. Return to Chachapoyas.
DAY 4: CHACHAPOYAS / KUELAP FORTRESS | INC: B/L
In the morning, we will go to Kuelap, a majestic architectural site built by the Chachapoyas. On our way, we will make a brief stop for a panoramic view of the Macro Archaeological site, also known as "Macro Towers" for its characteristic design. Macro is located on the side of a hill overlooking Utcubamba river. As follows we will go to Nuevo Tingo town, where we will board the bus that will take us to the Cable Car station. Once on board the modern cable cars, a short and safe trip will take us to the starting point of the visit to Kuelap. We may climb on foot or on horseback to the "Fortress", which is built on top of the Cerro Barreta (3,000 m.a.s.l.). Kuelap is a place surrounded by beautiful landscapes; at first, it seems inaccessible since it is protected by colossal walls and cliffs on three of its four sides. It has three platforms, and inside they have circular buildings decorated with rhomboidal and zigzag friezes. Its complex interior architecture, indicates it was a well-organized population group. The surrounding landscape and the natural scenarios makes it unforgettable. We will return to Nuevo Tingo town for lunch. Then return to Chachapoyas city.
DAY 5: CHACHAPOYAS / JAEN | INC: B
At the agreed time, transfer to Jaen airport with "Chachapoyas Premium Service" to board our flight.
End of our services.
|Hotel Category||Simple||Doble||Triple||Niño con cama||Niño sin cama|
- Chachapoyas Premium Service: Jaen airport / Chachapoyas / Jaen airport
- FD Sarcophaguses of Karajía and Caverns Quiocta with lunch
- FD Revash and the Leymebamba Mummies Museum with lunch
- FD Kuelap Fortress with Cable Car & lunch *
- 4 nights of accommodation at the selected hotel category - Daily breakfast
Prices do not include:
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Airport taxes (Usd 5.81 domestic flights and Usd 31.00 international flights / Subject to modification without prior notification.
- Beverages in meals.
- Children of 2 to 6 years can apply rate sharing bed w/parents.
- Children of 2 to 11 years can apply rate of triple accommodation.
- Hotels allow only one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
- Children rate for land services: may vary according to child's age, pls ask each case.
- In order to purchase entrance fees, train tickets, etc, at child rate we must have in advance copy of passport, otherwise we cannot apply child rate.
- All the programs listed are based on daytime transfers, in case of night transfers, check additional cost to apply.
- Valid prices only for foreign citizens who do not live in Peru and with a maximum stay in our country of: 60 days.
- Prices per person - (I.V.A.) IGV not included.
- In order to apply for this exoneration it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru and an Andean migration card, which is given on the plane upon entering the country and sealed by the airport Immigration Services representative.
Peru or the Andean Migration Card.