7D/6N Lima, Cusco and Sacred Valley
DAY 1: ----/LIMA | INC: -
Arrival in Lima, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Lima.
* Please take note check-in at hotels in Lima is at 15.00hrs, therefore in case of early arrivals, passengers should wait at the lobby until check-in time, otherwise book the room a day earlier.
- To guarantee early check-in, we recommend reserving the room for the night prior to arrival.
- For your convenience a luggage room is at your disposal to store your suitcases in case of an early check-in or if you leave a few hours after checking-out.
DAY 2: LIMA | INC: B/-/-
In the morning, we will have a tour through Lima’s streets and plazas. Starting at “Parque del Amor” in Miraflores, with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, and then we are heading to the Huaca Pucllana, ceremonial center of the Lima culture, for a panoramic view. After this, we go on to the Main Square where the Government Palace and the Town Hall are located. We will visit the Cathedral and explore the Santo Domingo Convent, along which corridors Sant Martin de Porres and Sant Rosa de Lima used to walk around in 17th century, and where their remains rest today.
- Cathedral of Lima is not open on some national holidays.
- Saturday PM and Sunday AM Cathedral closed. We offer entrance to Lima Art Museum – MALI.
In late afternoon (16:00hrs), let’s experience the capital city of Lima with a different style. We will begin our exploration by learning more about the ancient Peruvian inhabitants in the Larco Museum, hosted in a colonial mansion unique of its kind that dates back to the 18th century, and built on top of a Pre-Columbian pyramid of the 7th century. We will tour the halls and galleries where each piece is a book to be opened. We will continue our visit by heading to an antique Tavern, where we will delight our palates with some delicious Peruvian sandwiches not to be missed, accompanied by a drink made of Pisco, our flagship liquor. Finally, we will head for the Magic Water Circuit, the largest water and SLIGHT show in Latin America. We will witness the greatest show of Ornamental Fountains where there is perfect communion and harmony of water, light, music and images.
- On Mondays Magic Water Circuit is closed. We offer visit to the bohemian district of Barranco.
Overnight stay in Lima.
DAY 3: LIMA/CUSCO/SACRED VALLEY | INC: B/-/-
Transfer to airport for your flight to Cusco. Upon arriving in Cusco, you will be welcomed by one of our representatives, who will assist you and give you a short briefing about the rest of your stay.
* We suggest booking a flight arriving in Cusco, no later than 10:00hrs.
As you begin the journey toward Valle Sagrado (Sacred Valley), you will enjoy the beauty of the Andean landscape along the way. Brief stop to visit Awanakancha, small complex to admire Andean camelids such as alpacas and llamas and learn from local inhabitants about traditional dyeing and knitting techniques. Later we will explore the Pisac Market with enough free time to go around and buy handcrafts and if you feel like tasting something traditional, stop by the wood ovens for a delicious empanada or a piece of bread. Lunch in a local restaurant. Afterwards, drop off at your hotel.
Overnight stay in the Sacred Valley
DAY 4: SACRED VALLEY | INC: B/L/-
Let’s visit the most outstanding sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first stop will be in the town of Chinchero, the most typical and picturesque of the Sacred Valley where we will appreciate its Inca archaeological complex and its beautiful colonial Church. Chinchero is also famous for its women weavers, who may teach us the ancient Inca techniques for dyeing and spinning with Alpaca wool. We will continue to Moray, beautiful and curious Inca archaeological complex composed of colossal concentric terraces simulating a large amphitheater. In Incas times, it served as an agricultural laboratory where diverse microclimates were recreated. Later, we will follow our way to the community of Maras, famous for its salt mines. The beauty of its more than 3000 pools contrasts with the majesty of the Valley. Lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. Finally, we end our tour visiting the fabulous archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo important for the Incas as a military, religious and agricultural center. We will visit the Temple of the ten windows, the bathrooms of the ñusta, the Temple of the Sun among other places of interest. The postcards from the heights of Ollantaytambo will close this magical day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Overnight stay in the Sacred Valley
Important: This evening you will need to pack a small bag for your train journey to Machu Picchu. For all train journeys, each passenger is allowed a carry-on luggage (one bag or backpack) with a weight not to exceed 5kg/11 lb, and maximum measurements of 62 linear in/ 157 linear cm (height + length + width). Baggage that exceeds these measurements will not be allowed. We ask you to pack the absolutely necessary for one day overnight. Your extra luggage will be returned to Cusco the next day.
DAY 5: SACRED VALLEY/MACHU PICCHU/CUSCO | INC: B/L/-
This morning, pick-up from your hotel to take you to Ollantaytambo station to board train to Machu Picchu. A train trip away to see one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. After a guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area.
Afterwards, take the train back to Ollantaytambo station and then transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Overnight stay in Cusco
DAY 6: CUSCO | INC: B/-/-
In the morning, we will climb up the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman, and start our excursion visiting the fortress with the same name, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. We will then head for Q'enqo, and ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate an altar for sacrifices in the inner part of a huge rock, and then Tambomachay, sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that we will visit the Temple of the Sun “The Korikancha”, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral that reassures invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquerors.
Afternoon at leisure.
Overnight stay in Cusco
DAY 7: CUSCO/OUT | INC: B.
Transfer to airport.
End of our services.
Meals: B = Breakfast / L = Lunch
*Valid for new bookings from November 4th 2019 to March 31st 2020 (LOW SEASON)
|PRIVATE BASIS SERVICES: Prices per person in US. American Dollars (minimum 02 participants)|
|Category||02 paxs||03 paxs||04 paxs||05-09 paxs||Child triple accomm||Child sharing bed w/parents|
Lima: El Pardo Doubletree by Hilton / Sacred Valley: Aranwa Sacred Valley and Wellness/ Cusco: Aranwa Boutique.
- Commissionable rates in USD Dollars.
- Valid from November 4th 2019 to March 31st 2020.
- Subject to availability.
- Does NOT apply during Christmas (Dec 22-25), New Year’s Eve (Dec 30-Jan 02).
- Private basis in English.
- Children rates:
- Children of 2 to 5 years can apply rate sharing bed w/parents.
- Children of 2 to 11 years can apply rate of triple accommodation.
- Hotels only allow one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
- In order to purchase entrance fees, train tickets, etc, at child rate we must have in advance copy of passport, otherwise we cannot apply child rate.
- Hotels have been quoted without the IGV (Peruvian tax), exoneration applied to foreigners (non-Peruvian residents). In order to apply for this exoneration, it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru (stamped upon your arrival by the airport Immigration Services representative). In case of cancellation, this 18% should be added to the amount quoted.
Prices do not include
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Airport taxes (USD 9.40 domestic flights and USD 30.74 international flights / Subject to modification without prior notification).
- * Above mentioned cost, at this moment, are included on the cost of the airtickets.
- Personal expenses, beverages in meals.
- Tips for guides, driver or waitress.