DAY 01: CUSCO / CACHORA / CAPULIYOC | INC: A/C
The adventure starts in Cusco and on the road to Lima. The town is left behind as we cross Antapampa with spectacular views of the Salkantay and Huatanay, and later the Pitusiray, Chicon and Veronica mountains. Once we start the descent to Limatambo, we will stop for a visit to the Tarawasi archaeological site. The road continues to the impressive Apurimac river gorge. We will go pass the Curawasi (2,600 mt. / 8,530 ft.) town to see the famous Saywite rock which served as a stony plan to carry out the hydraulic work of the Empire. Then is off to Cachora (2,900 mt. / 9,514 ft.) where we will catch a first glimpse of the Apurimac canyon. It is time to start walking, backpacks on our shoulders, boarding the Capuliyoc Mountain to later start the descent and set camp by the river (2,450 mt. / 8,038 ft.).
- Transfer by bus Cusco - Capuliyoc: 171 km / 106 m aprox.
- Maximum altitude reached: 3,100 m / 10,170 ft aprox.
DAY 02: CAPULIYOC / SANTA ROSA | INC: D/A/C
We will start the trek towards the Apurimac river canyon, in our tour we will observe agricultural tasks and with a bit of luck the flight of some condors, to descend to the depths of the Apurimac canyon one of the deepest and most beautiful in the world until Capuyichaqoc (2,800 meters above sea level). From this place you can see the first camp and the Choquequirao complex. In our journey we can observe the changes in climate and vegetation. Santa Rosa Camp.
- Distance Capuliyoc – Santa Rosa: 12 km./ 7.5 m aprox.
- Trekking: 8 - 9 hrs.
- Maximum altitude reached: 2,900 m.s.n.m. / 7,513ft aprox.
DAY 03: SANTA ROSA / CHOQUEQUIRAO | INC: D/A/C
Very early we will start an ascending trek to Marampata (2,850 masl), from where we will observe the Archaeological Complex of Choquequirao located in the mountains. We will continue to the Raqyapata sector, where we will camp. Before lunch we will have a guided view of the complex. In the afternoon we will visit the llama sector.
- Distance Santa Rosa – Choquequirao: 5.1 km.
- Trekking: 3- 4 hrs.
- Maximum altitude reached: 3,100 m.s.n.m. / 10,170ft aprox.
DAY 04: CHOQUEQUIRAO / CHIQUISKA | INC: D/A/C
This day we will explore the high and low parts of Choquequirao, appreciate about 50 cultivated terraces covered with vegetation, as well as the irrigation channel from the upper part of the mountain. After this incredible experience, we will return to camp Chiquiska.
- Distance Choquequirao- Chiquiska: 10 km.
- Trekking: 7 – 7-30 hrs.
- Maximum altitude reached: 3,100m / 10,170ft aprox.
DAY 05: CHIQUISKA / CAPULIYOC / CUSCO | INC: D/A
Unlike the previous days, we will start our last day of hiking earlier. We will go to the town of Capuliyoc, on the route we will appreciate the impressive Salkantay, the mountains of the Cordillera del Vilcabamba and the Cañon del Apurimac. From Capuliyoc we will start our return trip via bus to Cusco.
- Distance Chiquiska - Capuliyoc: 7 km.
- Trekking: 4 – 5 hrs.
- Maximum altitude reached: 2,900 m.s.n.m. / 9,514ft aprox.
- Distance Capuliyoc - Cusco: 171 km.
- Duración traslado en bus: 4 – 4.30 hrs.
- Maximum altitude reached: 3,400 m.s.n.m. / 11,155ft aprox.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English), consult other additional languages.
- Assistant guide for groups of more than 9 passengers.
- Private transfer Cusco – Capulliyoc
- Choquequirao archaeological complex ticket.
- Food along the trekking.
- Camping kit: 4 season sleeping tent, kitchen tent with the floor, houseware, dininig tent, WC tent, tables and chairs.
- Sleeping bag
- Hot water in the washstands for personal washing up.
- Boiled treated water for the flasks.
- Satellite telephone.
- Group of support (drovers).
- Packhorse for personal things (10 kgs).
- Saddle horses.
- Medicine box.
- Floor mat or air mattress therm-a-Rest.
- Private transfer Cachora - Cusco