Level: Moderate difficult hiking - No need experience
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Location: Sacred Valley of the Incas & Choquechaca Valley
Season: March – December
Departures: Every day, upon request
DAY 1. CUZCO TO AZUL COCHA.-
At 7:00 am the guide will pick you up from your Cusco hotel, transfer you through the sacred valley. You will be driven to the village of Patacancha and Morocancha (3950 m.a.s.l./12959 ft.) , where you will begin your trek. You will quickly become immersed into the Andean world passing through a stunning valley with ancient Andean cultures dispersed among the plateaus. You will eventually arrive to Azul Cocha (Blue Lake) 4420 m.a.s.l. / 14501 ft. Your camp for the evening where you will have a delicious lunch and dinner and spend the afternoon enjoying the lake and scenery.
Distance from Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Morocancha: 77 km (in vehicle)
Distance from Morocancha - Azulcocha: 4 km
Lowest elevation: 3950 m.a.s.l. / 12959 foot (Morocancha, starting point of the hiking)
Highest elevation: 4420 m.a.s.l. / 14501 foot (Azulcocha)
Distance to walk: 4 km
Average walking Time: 3 hrs. to 4hrs.
DAY 2. AZUL COCHA TO CHOQUECHACA.-
Today is the most challenging portion of the trail. You will climb to the Halancoma Pass (4745 m.a.s.l./ 15568 ft.) before descending into the Choquechaca 3822 m.a.s.l./12539 ft. (valley following the Yuroq Mayu (White River) and eventually arriving to a high valley plateau, which is both your camp for the evening and the home of your Andean support team. Following a delicious lunch, you will meet the families of your Andean hosts, experiencing ancient textile practices of the region with the wives and daughters of your local guides and horsemen.
Distance from Azulcocha – Halancoma pass: 4.3 km
Distance from Halancoma pass- Choquechaca: 4.8 km
Lowest elevation: 3822 m.a.s.l./12539 foot (Choquechaca)
Highest Elevation: 4745 m.a.s.l./15568 foot (Halancoma Pass)
Distance to walk: 9.1 km
Average walking Time: 5 hrs. To 6hrs.
DAY 3. CHOQUECHACA – PUMAMARCA – OLLANTAYTAMBO- HOTEL.-
After breakfast, you will spend the morning descending to the Inca citadel of Pumamarka (3422 m.a.s.l./11227 ft.). These rarely visited ruins are perched high over the village of Pallata with stunning views. After lunch below the ruins, you will go by vehicle to the town of Ollantaytambo and to your hotel.
Distance from Choquechaca to Pumamarka: 3.6 km
Distance from Pumamarca to Munaypata: 4.4 km
Distance from Munaypata to Ollantaytambo: 2km
Lowest elevation: 2792 m.a.s.l./9160 foot (Ollantaytambo)
Highest Elevation: 3422 m.a.s.l./11227 foot (Pumamarca)
Distance to walk: 10km
Average walking Time: 5 hrs.
- Orientation meeting or phone call a day before to departure date.
- Private Transportation to Morocancha.
- Private transportation: Pumamarca or Munaypata – Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish).
- 1 assistant guide for groups over 9 people.
- All balanced meals during the trekking (from snack on day 1 to lunch on day 3), preparing by our expert cooking team, using organic and Andean superfood products ( optional diets for vegans, vegetarians and so on upon request).
- A can of beer per passenger on the last day.
- Filtered and boiled water recharges available every day at breakfast and lunchtime.
- Pumamarca entrance fee
- Horses, mules and muleteers for the completely camping equipment including 7 kilograms for passenger’s personal luggage (duffle bag with clothes, sleeping bag and personal items).
- Saddle horses.
- All common camping gear: Two men mountain tent, inflatable mattress, kitchen dishes, kitchen tent, dinner tent, toilet tent, table, chairs.
- First aid kit with oxygen bottle.
- Short wave radios.
- Sanitation care (disinfected dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environmental care (all the garbage goes back to Cusco, portable toilet treatment).
- Extension to Machupicchu (available at additional cost)
- Hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast (1st day)
- Dinner (3rd day)
- Extra services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and extra expenses.
- Single supplement US$35.00.
- Extra Saddle horse US$105
- Sleeping bag US$30.00
- A pair of walking sticks US$25.00
End of our services.
Net rates per pax, non-commissionable and expressed in US dollars
|3D/2N CHOQUECHACA PROGRAM||1829.90||974.00||741.00||593.70||512.90||477.40||466.30||451.90||447.50||430.90|