2D/1N Choquechaca Program
Level: Moderate difficult hiking - No need experience
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Location: Sacred Valley of the Incas & Choquechaca Valley
Season: March – December
Departures: Every day, upon request
DAY 1. PALLATA-CHOQUECHACA.-
You will be collected at 7 am and driven to Pallata. From there you will continue on foot to begin your two-to-three-hour, passing through various ecological microclimates and notice the changes in flora and fauna, due to the cloud forest phenomenon. Will ascent into the remote village of Choquechaca Where will enjoy lunch and weaving demonstration.
Distance from Pallata– Choquechaca: 4 km
Lowest elevation: 3100 m.a.s.l. / 10171 foot (Pallata)
Highest elevation: 3822 m.a.s.l. /12539 foot (Choquechaca)
Distance to walk: 4 km
Average walking Time: 2 hrs. To 3hrs (Lunch, dinner)
DAY 2. CHOQUECHACA – PUMAMARCA –OLLANTAYTAMBO- HOTEL.-
After breakfast, you will spend the morning descending to the Inca citadel of Pumamarca. These rarely visited with stunning views. After lunch below the ruins, you will go by vehicle to the town of Ollantaytambo and to your hotel.
Distance from Choquechaca to Pumamarca: 3.6 km
Distance from Pumamarca to Munaypata: 4.4 km
Distance from Munaypata to Ollantaytambo: 2km
Lowest elevation: 2792 m.a.s.l./9160 foot (Ollantaytambo)
Highest Elevation: 3422 m.a.s.l./11227 foot (Pumamarca)
Distance to walk: 10km
Average walking Time: 5 hrs. (Breakfast, lunch)
- Orientation meeting or phone call a day before to departure date.
- Private Transportation to Pallata.
- Private transportation: Pumamarca or Munaypata – Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish).
- 1 assistant guide for groups over 9 people.
- All balanced meals during the trekking (from snack on day 1 to lunch on day 2), preparing by our expert cooking team, using organic and Andean superfood products ( optional diets for vegans, vegetarians and so on upon request).
- A can of beer per passenger on the last day.
- Filtered and boiled water recharges available every day at breakfast and lunchtime.
- Pumamarca entrance fee.
- Horses, mules and muleteers for the completely camping equipment including 7 kilograms for passenger’s personal luggage (duffle bag with clothes, sleeping bag and personal items).
- Saddle horses.
- All common camping gear: Two men mountain tent, inflatable mattress, kitchen dishes, kitchen tent, dinner tent, toilet tent, table, chairs.
- First aid kit with oxygen bottle.
- Short wave radios.
- Sanitation care (disinfected dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environmental care (all the garbage goes back to Cusco, portable toilet treatment).
- Extension to Machupicchu (available at additional cost)
- Hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast (1st day)
- Dinner (2nd day)
- Extra services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and extra expenses.
- Single supplement US$20.00.
- Extra Saddle horse US$70.00.
- Sleeping bag US$20.00
- A pair of walking sticks US$10
End of our services.
Net rates per pax, non-commissionable and expressed in US dollars
|2D/1N CHOQUECHACA PROGRAM||1512||813||623.6||496.2||435.3||401||396.6||382.2||368.9||365.5|