Discover the mysterious and awe-inspiring Waqrapukara Archeological Complex.
The experience begins with an early morning departure from Cusco towards Cusipata, passing through Cusco’s beautiful southern valley along the way. On route, you will have the chance to stop and appreciate the Pomacanchi Lagoon, a gorgeous natural wonder that mirrors the blue Andean skies that loom above. From here, continue on to the Huayqui Community (3,096m / 10,157 feet above sea level), from where the hike begins. After about three hours of hiking, you will arrive at the areological complex (4,140m / 13,580 feet above sea level), where you can appreciate the impressive terracing and plazas, as well as the spectacular views of the surrounding scenery, which offer perfect backdrops for photographs. After touring the site, take the same path back to the Huayqui Community, where you will be given some time to enjoy your box lunch and rest before continuing your journey back to the city of Cusco.
- Informatory meeting before departing on the tour (1 or 2 days before the tour).
- Private transportation to Huayqui (the starting point of the hike).
- Entrance ticket into Waqrapukara.
- A professional, bilingual guide.
- An assistant guide for groups of more than 09 passengers.
- Box Lunch.
- A first aid kit and an oxygen tank.
- Transport back to Cusco.
- Food: Box Lunch.
- Maximum Altitude: 4,140 meters / 13,580 feet above sea level.
- Minimum Altitude: 3,096 meters / 10,157 feet above sea level.
- Length of Hike: 15 km / 9.3 miles (to and from).
- Approximate total hike time: 6 hours (to and from).
- Level of difficulty: Moderate.
- Cusco – Acomayo (126 km) - 3 Hrs.
- Acomayo – Huayqui (Camino en trocha) - 45 min.
CUSCO –ACOMAYO – WAQRAPUKARA– CUSCO.
- Depart from Cusco at 04:00 hours and head south
- Stop in Cusipata for breakfast
- Continue on until reaching the Pomacanchi Lagoon
- Explore the Acos district in the Acomayo province.
- Arrive at the Huayqui community, from where the hike will begin.
- After about 3 hours, you will arrive at the Waqrapucara Archeological Complex. Guided visit.
- Return down the same path, until arriving back at the Huayqui community. You will have the chance to appreciate cave paintings along the way.
- Stop in Cusipata for a well-deserved break and a refreshing tea.
- Continue on to Cusco.