Sun Gate Ollantaytambo
Morning departure from Cusco to the town of Ollantaytambo, were you begin your hike. From here, you will follow a trail that will take you on a scenic hike of about 7 or 8 hours – round trip. As you ascend, make sure to take the time to appreciate the stunning surrounding scenery and panoramic views of the town of Ollantaytambo and the Cachicata Quarries. Along the way, you will arrive at the Paqariqtampu lookout point, from where you can enjoy your breakfast box lunch as you revel in the beauty of La Veronica Mountain. From here, continue on for another hour until arriving at the Inti Punku Sun Gate (3,900 meters / 12,795 feet above sea level). Then, return back to the town of Ollantaytambo on the same trail.
- Food: Box Lunch.
- Minimum Altitude: 2,792 meters /9,160 feet above sea level.
- Maximum Altitude: 3,900meters /12,795 feet above sea level.
- Length of Hike: 15 km / 9.3 miles (to and from).
- Approximate total hike time: 7-8 hours (to and from).
- Level of difficulty: Moderate.
- Informatory meeting before departing on the tour (1 or 2 days before the tour).
- Private transportation to Ollantaytambo (the starting point of the hike).
- Entrance ticket into the Sun Gate.
- A professional, bilingual guide.
- An assistant guide for groups of more than 09 passengers.
- Box Lunch.
- A first aid kit and an oxygen tank.
- Transport back to Cusco.