Larco Museum is one of the 22 best museums in the world
TripAdvisor published “The 2017 Travelers Choice of Museums” ranking, a list of the 25 best museums in the world, and Larco Museum, located in Pueblo Libre, is ranked place 22nd, which makes it the only Peruvian museum on the list.
The Museum is part of a 18th century a. D. vice-royal mansion; it is surrounded by beautiful gardens that stimulate and inspire visitors. You can also learn about the fascinating history of ancient Peru.
In its Gallery of Cultures you will find a captivating and clear story about the 5000 years of pre-Columbian Peruvian history, where you will be able to live a unique experience by visiting the deposits of this museum, around 45,000 archaeological objects carefully classified.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is at the top of the TripAdvisor ranking. Only three other museums in South America are among the top 25 in the world: The Museum of Ricardo Brennand Institute in Brazil, the Picture Gallery of Sao Paulo and Museo de Oro in Bogota.
2) The National Museum of the Second World War ( New Orleans, Lousiana )
3) Musee d’Orsay
4) The Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, Illinois
5) State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace St. Petersburg, Russia
6) The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum New York City, New York
7) The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum New York City, New York
8) Acropolis Museum Athens, Greece
9) Prado National Museum Madrid, Spain
10) V&A – Victoria and Albert Museum London, United Kingdom
11) National Gallery London, United Kingdom
12) Vasa Museum Stockholm, Sweden
13) Musee du Louvre Paris, France
14) Egyptian Museum of Turin Turin, Italy
15) Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, The Netherlands
16) Uffizi Gallery Florence, Italy
17) Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, The Netherlands
18) Instituto Ricardo Brennand Recife, Brazil
19) Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa Tongarewa) Wellington, New Zealand
20) Pinacoteca do Estado de Sao Paulo Sao Paulo, Brazil
21) War Remnants Museum Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
22) Museo Larco Lima, Peru
23) Gold Museum (Museo del Oro) Bogota, Colombia
24) The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Xi’an, China
25) Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum Phnom Penh, Cambodia