2018 South American World Travel Awards
In the regional edition of the 2018 South American World Travel Awards, Peru received numerous recognitions for its touristic attractions, hotels, and tourism projects.
Our country has been recognized before in previous editions of the World Travel Awards, which are considered the most important awards in the tourism industry, on a global level. Our gastronomy, as well as our tourist attractions receive annual recognitions, and this year was no different.
The awards obtained were:
- Peru, “Best culinary destination in South America”
- Peru “Best cultural destination in South America”
- Machu Picchu was recognized as the “Best tourism attraction in South America”
- PROMPERU – the commission to promote Peru’s exportation and tourism – was awarded the “Best Tourism Office in South America” for the third year in a row.
Peru’s hotels were also recognized and awarded in various categories:
- Swissôtel Lima received the award for “Best MICE hotel”
- Aranwa Cusco was awarded “Best Boutique Hotel”
- JW Marriott El Convento Cusco was awarded “Best hotel with Cultural Legacy”
- The Costamar Travel agency received the award for “Best travel agency in South America”
About the WTA
The World Travel Awards have been named the ‘Oscars of tourism,’ by the United States newspaper “The Wall Street Journal.” These awards have been recognizing and awarding excellence in the various sectors of the global tourism and travel industry for the last 25 years.
The winners are chosen by tourism professionals, business people in the tourism and travel sector, and world travelers who vote on a public online platform.